Sep 27, 2022
This season is all about getting in touch with, listening to, and supporting your body—and that includes your skin. Did you know your skincare routine might actually be damaging your skin or preventing it from doing its job?
Here to help us pare down our routine to let our skin microbiome thrive is the lovely Nadine Artemis. Nadine is the creator of the natural beauty & lifestyle brand Living Libations and author of Renegade Beauty and Holistic Dental Care: The Complete Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gums.
Nadine will explain:
- why feeding and protecting our topical microbiome is the way to healthy skin
- why we're simply "hosts to a bacterial banquet" and need to preserve those little guys for long term, inside-out beauty
- why we don't just have one microbiome, we have different and unique types (oral, vgaginal, ear nose throat, gut, skin); and how the microbiome of the face is completely different from the palms or armpits
- how to "let bacteria be the beautician" and stop stripping our skin so we can build back up the bugs we were meant to have
- what products strip the microbiome and how to "stop, seal, and seed" to repopulate our bugs
- why oil cleansing is the best thing you can do for your skin and how to do it properly
- why our skin was designed to function and thrive with a healthy amount of exposure to sunlight
- the difference between getting real sun and supplementing Vitamin D + why we need all the wavelengths for our Vitamin D receptors and mitochondria
- how to avoid sunburn and sun damage by supporting your mitochondria with key nutrients, red light therapy, and gradual sun exposure
- everything you need to know about microbiome-friendly oral care
- how the lymphatic system interacts with our gums and teeth, and why brushing our gums and caring for the lymph within the mouth is key
- Nadine's 7 steps to a healthier oral microbiome
- how putting therapeutic oils on your floss can help deliver therapeutic ingredients to your gums + in between your teeth!
Let’s get juicy!
This episode is sponsored by my friends at Pique! For 5% off plus a free gift use code organicolivia HERE
Connect with Olivia:
New Instagram HERE
Herbal formulas and Teas HERE
Connect with Nadine:
Shop Living Libations HERE
with my code ORGANICOLIVIA for 15% off